Sunday, August 31, 2008

An hour at the clinic

An hour at the clinic

As scheduled, I reached the clinic at sharp 10.00 am. My appointment was also scheduled at 10.00 am. Phew! … I took my seat in the reception room, no one was their except for the receptionist and me. Now, don’t get me wrong, when I have said that since, some of your dirty minds might be thinking something else. After about 15-20 minutes, I asked her, “Miss, has the doctor come in?”…she replied “No, Madam is on her way”. I wondered how to spend time till then, so I plugged in my earphones in my mobile and started listening to the music. Now almost 45 minutes passed by and nothing was happening. And just a second after I thought this… a man walked in. He was also a patient, few minutes later a woman walked in. Now there were four of us in the clinic’s reception room - 3 patients and 1 receptionist. Now here comes the interesting part, that is, what happened next for another 30 minutes. And before I tell you that, here is a brief description of the people present in the clinic.

The Man: -

Let’s call him Mr. Navrange (name changed). This man was:
  • Short … around 5 feet and 6 inches
  • Not so skinny …just well covered
  • Fair complexion (…I mean the INDIAN fair complexion!)
  • Probably…in his sixties
  • A typical, arrogant and reticent look on his face…at least that is what his face described to me
  • He was wearing a watch on his left hand, a rakhi on right hand and 2 rings on the last and second last fingers of his right hand

The Woman: -

Let’s call her Mrs. Thomas (name changed). She was:
  • Short…same as the man, around 5 feet 5 or 4 inches
  • She was stout or fat…don’t know how to put this but, overall well covered
  • Dusky complexion (Majority INDIANS are dusky…he he he !)
  • Probably in her fifties or sixties … or may be seventies. I am not so good at judging women. Someday I will!
  • She did not have bindi, (…she was Christian!)

Me: -

I am …I was …I mean I am taller than both of them around 5 feet and 9 inches, fair looking, with a very ugly but dark black beard grown in bits, average built, yet handsome!....oh come on!... you know about me!....right? …No?... you can know more about me, just drop by at Orkut or you add me in your chat list… my ids are patkaromkar@gmail.com / omkarpatkar@yahoo.com /patkaromkar@hotmail.com


No comments: